Saturday, September 23, 2006

Words for the Wanderers Word

Part 1
So yet another installment of the weekly word. Somehow, it feels like a weekly ritual that if not performed, would cast a dark black cloud on my thoughts, my imaginative capabilities and my expression. Ah but how it could it be so, after all its a mere word and whats a word without an action, a combination of characters that conjures up an image in any ones mind. An image that maybe dark to some bright to others, an image of gore an image of beauty, an image that we wish to create of what we transalte those set of characters to really reflect. But all our translations are based on our experiences, our understanding, our context. The words I say are powerful in my world, the words I say can stir up a storm in my world, the words I say can break barriers that define the limits of my world. And it is the farewell from these barriers that allow you to peek inside what I have refered to as my world. Its the power of these words, the weight of the characters that allows for thoughts to flow and ideas to intermingle. When I read your words I understand your world and make sense of it and if you have decided to read these words so far, you may have gathered an idea of what my world is usually about. If you are thinking "a lot of talk leading to no particular conclusion" then you arent really off base.
Part 2
And there arent too many words out there that pin down the misery of our lives as accurately as these; from one of my all time favorite movies, Fight Club:
... an entire generation pumping gas.
Waiting tables.
Slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history.
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day
we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars.
But we won't.
We're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off.

No comments: