Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Shot of Reality

Its been a long time since you and I
Stood face to face gazing at each other

Its been a long time since I saw the wind
Play with the strands of your hair

Its been a long time since I said something
And you blushed with an innocent smile on your face

Its been a long time since we sat by the ocean
Making colonies in the sand that we were destined to rule

Its been a long time since I could share
The major victories of my life with you

Its been a long time since I had the motivation
To tell you how I feel, but shyed away

And as the passage of time grows so grows the distance
You evolve in a world you made, I, in a life I chose

I keep calling you my Unicorn because
the distance and the time, and all that’s in between
will keep us apart, with memories of what was
and unfulfilled dreams of what could have been

No comments: